Traffic Engineering Designer / Drafter
With an uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction and service, you will be an experienced candidate who will run and manage several complex projects simultaneously. You will prepare reports independently, carry out site visits, liaise with local government, state government and the private sector and assist in preparing fee submissions.
We are looking to include a professional into our close team environment, a self-starter who actively seeks to learn new concepts. You will be required to project manage various tasks and liaise with clients from local government, state government, and the private sector. Genuine career progression within a positive and collaborative team environment.
We currently have an opportunity for a Traffic Engineering Designer or Drafter to join the design team at our Queen Street Melbourne office (7 minute walk from Flinders Street station).
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Drafting or Traffic Engineering Design
- Values exceptional customer service above all and has an unwavering ability to deliver
- Background in consulting in either Australia or the UK
- Proven project management experience
- You will bring expertise and a coachable mindset; be passionate about improving
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and identify new business opportunities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Manage complex projects from beginning to end
- Deliver projects to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards
- Build a strong profile internally and establishing/maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients
- Advise clients on commercially sound, innovative contemporary solutions
- Represent SALT at client meetings as appropriate to each project
- Develop proposals for projects within own ability, with the expectation and desire to learn new skills and grow your repertoire
- Ensure regular communication with clients at mid – senior levels
At SALT we offer rewarding careers and ongoing development opportunities. We place high priority on enjoyable and engaging work environment offering career development and mentoring as well as social and wellbeing opportunities. SALT provides expert advice to clients in local government, state government and the private sector throughout Australia. You will be working with driven professionals in both Traffic and Waste Engineering who are passionate, smart, creative, curious and quirky but proud to be part of a company that is dedicated to creating safer functional cities.
Due to sustained growth, opportunities arise. If you feel you would be a good fit at SALT and have a transferable skillset, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com