SALT Undergraduate to Graduate Program
We are now taking applications for our program.
You will be a fast learner, team player, enthusiastic, have a high level of work integrity and a keen interested in pursuing a career in traffic/transport and/or waste engineering.
Send your application by 9pm Monday 8th May to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the anticipated number of responses, please note we will only be contacting short-listed applicants.
Senior Traffic Engineer
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Traffic Engineer to join our Melbourne team.
The successful candidate will design projects of moderate to high difficulty, manage junior staff and be responsible for the deliverables and profitability of their projects.
He or she can expect to be challenged by a variety of tasks including project management, SIDRA and transport modelling, CAD design, report writing, data analysis, swept paths and design sketches, traffic and parking assessments and autoturn.
- Minimum 5+ years (ideally 8 years) of experience in traffic engineering
- Background in consulting
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and identify new business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
- Assists Directors & Associates with highly complex projects, as assigned
- Manages the majority of moderately complex projects from beginning to end
- Briefs, assigns and checks work assisting engineers, draftspersons and/or
technical/administrative assistants as required, throughout the project life
- Oversees invoicing on all managed projects
- Manages costs on projects and ensures project is achieved at or under budget
- Responsible for raising non-conformities as soon as they are discovered
- Sound decision-making skills, with Director guidance
Clients and business development
- Represents SALT at client meetings as appropriate to the projects
- Advises clients on commercially sound, contemporary solutions
- Develops proposals for projects within own ability and liaises with Director for
- Initiates marketing activities within team, as agreed
- Actively promotes SALT to client and outside networks and identifies
- Ensures regular communication with clients at mid to senior levels
- Contributes to improvements, and helps ensure department systems,
procedures and processes are efficient and effective
- Actively coaches and mentors more junior team members
- Opportunity to work across a wide range of multidisciplinary projects
- Happy and supportive work environment
- Convenient CBD location
- Secure position for the successful candidate
- Negotiable salary package based on experience
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com